Official Team Trivia Rules
Updated December 15, 2014
*Rules may be updated at any time
Teams are made up of at least 4 players, but can have as many as they want. There is no requirement on gender. All players must be 21 or older. All team players must be registered on their league roster online.
Teams may have substitute players come in and play on any given week.
Teams must be registered with the bar trivia personnel each week before the games begin. Teams should arrive no later than 15-minutes before the games begin. Lehigh Valley Sport and Social will have a representative there each week to take down the final team scores and also collect bar receipts for the bar tab contest. Teams must play the entire evening to receive credit for playing that week.
Teams will have an empty pither provided to them each week that will sit at the center of the table. Before each question is asked, teams must put all cell phones at the table inside the pitcher. This includes anyone sitting at the table that may not be playing. Once the team's answer to the question has been turned in, players may pull out their phones to check messages, calls, etc. Before the start of the next question, teams must put all phones back in the pitcher.
**Any team found to be cheating with a cell phone will forfeit all points for that week.
Teams must follow all other rules laid out by the trivia staff. Any team found in violation of rules will forfeit their point totals for the week.
Forfeits: Any team, who forfeits their game/match for the week, must email Lehigh Valley Sport and Social by10AM the day of the games to avoid a fine. Once a forfeit has been announced, Lehigh Valley Sport and Social will contact the captain of the other team by 12 noon the day of the game to have them inform their team. Any team forfeiting their game after the 10AM deadline will be charged a $35 fine, to be paid the following week.
Sportsmanship: Sportsmanship to be determined at the discretion of the league official or Lehigh Valley Sport and Social Representative on site.
- All players on all teams MUST adhere to good sportsmanship.
- There will be escalating penalties for any player/team not using good sportsmanship.
- First offense - asked to sit out for a few plays
- Second (2) time being removed from a game, player will be finished for the game.
- Any player ejected from the game/match, will be ineligible to play the following week.(In days where more than (1) game is played by a team,player will have to sit for game immediately following ejection).
- Any player ejected twice (2) in a single season will be removed from the league and no longer eligible to play for the rest of the season.
- Any player ejected in multiple leagues may be ruled no longer welcome in Lehigh Valley Sport and Social.
- Lehigh Valley Sport and Social will keep a running log of any incident that occurs.
Alcohol/Miscellaneous: Lehigh Valley Sport and Social supports and follows all rules at venues where games are played. There are NO GLASS CONTAINERS allowed at any venue which allows for the consumption of alcohol. Teams are expected to cleanup after themselves each week and throw out any garbage.
Venues Locations: Lehigh Valley Sport and Social will make every attempt to maintain dates, times,and locations of all games in a given league. There may be events outside of Lehigh Valley Sport and Social’s control that will affect the league scheduling and result in a change in date, time, location, and number of games played in a given week.